Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Day Without Civil Liberties


I decided to do a piece of visual art to depict a day without our civil liberties. In this picture I have a person with their mouth taped closed. This person has lost their freedom of speech. Then I have a petition. But none of the names on it matter because we have lost our right to petition. The next to pictures are people holding signs like one would when people assemble and petition against something together. Unfortunately, without our civil liberties, we do not have to freedom assemble. We would stand alone and have no voice. I also have a picture of someone throwing out a bible. We would not have freedom of religion. Finally, I have a picture of the first amendment ripped up and forgotten. I took this picture because if we lost our civil liberties the first amendment would mean nothing and be destroyed.
- Kayleigh

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture that you used for this blog. It really does show what it would be like without civil liberties. It would pretty much suck big time.

    Good job!!

    Dave Naquin

    ReplyDelete